Blackberry Peach Crisp


Fresh peaches are always ohhhh soo good at this time of year! I haven't been able to get enough of them. I found a recipe called 'Blueberry Peach Crisp' on cooks.com and made several changes. First, I substituted blackberries for blueberries (because I found them fresh at my farmer's market). You can use whatever seasonal fruit is available! Second, I used whole wheat flour instead of regular all-purpose flour. And third, I decreased the amount of sugar. A healthy treat that tastes pretty darn good :)

Ingredients
Filling
2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
2 cups fresh blackberries, whole
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup almonds (optional)
1/4 cup margarine, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients; mix well (be gentle with the berries). Pour into a greased 8" square pan.

In another bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and almonds. Pour melted butter over topping mix. Stir until crumbly. Pour over filling in pan.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts