Slow-Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry


I have been looking for a good chicken curry recipe for quite some time. This one is from Taste of Home. With a few changes, this could be the one I have been looking for. It was a little bland for our taste, so this is what I plan to do next time...Instead of white potatoes, I plan to use sweet potatoes to add more flavor. I will also add a few spoonfuls of sugar to give it sweetness (using sweetened coconut milk may make it too sweet). We like things on the spicy-side, so I will probably also had a minced jalapeno. A little more salt and some garlic would be good, too. To save money, I did not use the suggested toppings (coconut, raisins & peanuts) because I did not have them on hand. I love using my slow-cooker for this recipe (and many recipes) because the chicken becomes so tender. Give it a shot! I will definitely make it again (with my changes!)



Ingredients
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 small onion, chopped
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 cup light coconut milk
4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups hot cooked rice
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
Raisins, flaked coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional

Directions
Place potatoes and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.

Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.

Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

Comments

Popular Posts