Strawberry Spinach Salad

Yes, this is more of a summer salad...BUT strawberries were BOGOF at the store this week and I had spinach that needed to be used...And, it's one of my favorites :) It's my mom's recipe and everyone always raves about it. This is the first time I made it for Nick. He usually doesn't like fruit mixed into salads, but he really liked it! As I tell my preschoolers, "Try it, you'll like it!"


Ingredients
12 oz. fresh baby spinach
1 qt. strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. green onion
1 1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Directions
Place spinach and strawberries in a salad bowl. In a container with a tight lid, combine remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over salad or serve on the side.

Comments

Popular Posts