Chicken Roban

This recipe was given to me by a friend and past-coworker, Jennifer Prince. It is based on a recipe called 'Semolina's Chicken Roban' from Semolina Restaurant in Louisiana. It is definitely a keeper. Next time, I might try it with shrimp! Serves approximately 6 people. For the 2 of us, I cut the recipe in half. And yes, we had leftovers :)

Note: I had a bit of a hard time finding 'blackened seasoning.' I eventually found Phillip's brand at the seafood counter of a Shurfine Market. Jenn says she buys Zatarain's brand at Walmart.


Ingredients
1 jar alfredo sauce (to make your own, see my post from May 24 for 'Shrimp & Scallop Fettuccine Alfredo'
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
4 teaspoons blackened seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
1 pound chicken, diced
1 package shell pasta, cooked and drained

Directions
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for a few minutes.

Stir in garlic. Saute one minute longer. Add cayenne pepper and blackened seasoning. Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.

Cook chicken in the same skillet. When chicken is no longer pink, add onion mixture to skillet. Add heavy cream and alfredo sauce. Heat through. Serve over shell pasta (I mixed the pasta into the sauce).

Comments

Popular Posts