Baja Chicken Taco Pizza

I posted our favorite pizza recipe a few months ago...here. It's so good that I never even think about making any other kind! But, I was looking through this month's Simple & Delicious magazine, and this pizza recipe looked so yummy, I had to try it! Let's just say, I'll be making it again...and soon! I used spicy ranch instead of regular ranch dressing, used homemade taco seasoning instead of store-bought, and I skipped out on the lettuce. Try it...you'll like it!


Ingredients
1 cup ranch salad dressing (or spicy ranch)
1/4 cup salsa
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast
1 envelope taco seasoning (or make your own...click here.)
1 pre-baked 12-in. thin pizza crust (to save time...my favorite is Boboli)
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce (I didn't use it..)
2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)

Directions
In a blender or food processor, combine the salad dressing, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and process on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth; set aside. In a small bowl, combine chicken and taco seasoning; set aside.

Place crust on ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Spread salsa mixture over crust. Sprinkle with the chicken mixture, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with lettuce; top with avocado slices. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts